Criteria for promotion
Promotion will be granted on the basis of the whole year’s performance of the students in the C.C.E (Continuation Comprehensive Evaluation) which is a system of evaluation of students that cover all aspect student development.
C.C.E is a process to provide holistic profile of the learner through regular assessment of both scholastic as well as co- scholastic areas.
1. Scholastic areas include : - formative and summative assessment. Each term will have two formative and one summative assessment.
2. Co-Scholastic activities include :- Literary , aesthetic skills & performing skill and clubs Health and physical education will also form an integral part of this assessment . Co- Scholastic areas will be assessed on :a)life skills b) attitudes and values. The above will be evaluated and graded. The Session will be spread over 2 terms, one from April to September and second from October to March of the running session. Assessment will be both Formative and Summative assessment. The weightage is given below:
|Term||Type of Assesssment||%age of weight age in academic session||Term wise weight age||Total|
|Formative = 40%|
|Summative = 60%
Total = 100%
Formative Assessment will be on the basis of Weekly Tests, Assignments, C.W., H.W., Practicals, Projects, Oral Testing, Quiz, Experiments and other activities in class
Summative assessments will be carried out at the end of each term. This will be a term end exam i.e first and second term exam.
Operational Modalities: The student’s performance shall be assessed using conventional method of numerical marking in English, Hindi, Maths, Science, Social Science, Computer and Third Language.
Each assessment will be indicated in grades.
The grading scale will be on nine point scale as per table below
Marks Range Grade 91-100 A1 81-90 A2 71-80 B1 61-70 B2 51-60 C1 41-50 C2 33-40 D 21-32 E1 0-20 E2
Grade Grade Point A 4.1 - 5.0 B 3.1 - 4.0 C 2.1 - 3.0 D 1.1. - 2.0 E 0 - 1.0
Minimum qualifying grade in all subjects under Scholastic Domain is D.
Co- Scholastic attainments will be done on 5 point scale (Shown in the table below). It will be done once in a session.
- The students who obtain a qualifying grade (D & above) in all subject shall be awarded a qualifying certificate.
- Students who obtain grades E1, E2 shall have to improve their performance through one subsequent attempt.
- Those who get qualifying grades shall be eligible for promotion to the next class.
- Those candidates who are not able to get qualifying grade (D and above) in all the subjects shall not be permitted for admission/ promotion to the next class.
Exemptions available to differently abled students as per CBSE rule shall continue to apply.
Criteria for Promotion IX-X
Students of classes IX-X will undergo Continuous & Comprehensive Evaluation (CCE) as recommended by CBSE, spread over two terms, one from April to September and the second from October to March of the running session.
The students will be assessed in Scholastic as well as Co-Scholastic areas.
Part 1: Scholastic Areas:
The students will be assessed and graded for scholastic areas - English II Language, Mathematics, Science , Social Science and the additional subject- Fundamental’s of Information Technology.
The Formative Assessment and Summative Assessment both in these subjects will be part of School Based Assessment. Formative Assessment (FA) will be done on the basis of Weekly Test, Assignments Projects, Oral Testing, Quiz, Home-work, and other activities in the class. Summative Assessment (SA) is the Terminal Assessment of performance at the end of the term. This will be an End Term Exam .
- The Pattern of assessment ( with weightage)is given below :-
First Term : FA1 (10%) + FA2 (10%) +SA1 (30%) =50%
Second Term : FA3 (10%) + FA4 (10%) +SA2 (30%) =50%
- To qualify in a subject under Scholastic Areas, a candidate must obtain minimum of Grade D.
- Those candidates who have obtained Grade E1 or E2 in the subject under scholastic Areas shall have to improve their performance to qualify the subject(s).
- A candidate must obtain a minimum of Grade D In all the subjects under scholastic areas.
- Grading System for Scholastic Areas(Grading on 9 point Scale)
|Marks Range||Grade||Grade Point|
|20 and below||E2||-|
Part 2: Evaluation of Co-Scholastic Areas
In addition to Scholastic Areas the following Co-Scholastic areas and activities will be also be evaluated and graded.
2 (A) Life Skills: Thinking skills, social skills, Emotional skills
(B) Work Education
(C) Visual and Performing Arts
(D)Attitude and Values Towards
Teachers, School Mates, School Programs & Environment and Values Systems.
Part 3: Co-Scholastic Activities
3 (A) Any two of the following will be assessed:
1. Literary & Creative Skills (LCT),
2. Scientific Skills (SCT),
3. Information and Technology (ICT),
4. Organsation & Leadership Skills (clubs):
3 (B) Health and Physical Activities:
1. Sports/Indigenous sports
Grades and grade points will be awarded in Co-Scholastic Areas as per the table below:
|Grade||Grade Points Range||Grade Points|
The maximum grade points which a student can obtain in co-scholastic areas and activities becomes 65 as per table below.
|S.No.||Domains||Grade Points in Co-Scholastic Areas/Activities|
|3||Visual & Performing Arts||1X5=5|
|4||Attitude & Values||4X5=20|
|6||Health & Physical Education||2X5=10|
Overall performance of the students is based on the achievement in the scholastic and Co-Scholastic areas both as follows:
Under Scholastic Area, Grades will be up scaled to the next higher grade in one or two subjects as per the total Grade points achieved under Co-Scholastic Areas 2(A), 2(B), 2(C), 2(D) and Co-Scholastic Activities 3(A), 3(B) as given below:
53 to 65: Grade in two Subjects of scholastic areas to be upscaled.
40 to 52: Grade in one subject of scholastic area to be upscaled.
39 and below: No upscaling of Grade in the subject of Scholastic Areas.
- Upscaling will be done from lower Grade to higher Grade.
- No grade in a subject of Scholastic area will be upscaled twice.
- The upscaled grade will be shown with “ **”.
- Exemptions available to Differently Abled students as per CBSE rules will apply.
- The promotion policy as stated in CBSE Circular No. 09/2012 dated: January 19th, 2012 will apply till further guidelines are received.