Snacks, soft drinks etc. are available at fixed price on cash payment in the school canteen. Parents are requested to monitor child's canteen allowance. No credit is allowed. There are fixed days for Classes III to V for visiting canteen Wednesday - Class III, Thursday - Class IV, Friday - Class V
The school has well developed and well equipped labs. They comprise of theoretical inputs and practical sessions. Each child gets ample opportunity to work with machines and peripherals. The school has good collection of educational cd’s which are run on the computers for the benefit of the students with its usage and bring them closer to the IT revolution & ever- changing global education. Computer education has been introduced right from Class Prep in the school. All students are required to maintain utmost cleanliness and dust free environment in all the labs.
Students can avail the School Transport subject to the availability of seats, and the routes. Parents should consult school Transport Manager for necessary details. Bus facility is not mandatory.
The application for the cancellation of the school transport should reach the school office by 30th Nov. No application for discontinuation of school transport will be entertained after 30th Nov.
Transport Enquiry: Mr Jamwal: 8715948889, Mr. Om Raj: 9796213471, Mr. Rakesh: 9796213410
- All students using the school bus are expected to be on the stop at least five minutes before the arrival time of the bus.
- The buses will not wait for the late comers.
- The children waiting for the bus should stay away from the main road.
- No student should come near the entry door of the bus unless it has made a complete stop.
- All students must occupy seats immediately after boarding their buses.
- The front door of the bus is the only authorized entrance and exit.
- The drivers are authorized to stop buses at the designated stops only, unless otherwise directed by the bus teacher.The list of stops is prepared keeping in view the convenience and safety of all bus commuters and is always subject to change.
- When the bus is in motion students must not move around in the bus and no part of their body should be outside the bus.
- Objects of any kind must not be discarded inside or thrown outside the bus.
- Students will be held responsible for any damage to the bus caused by negligence or vandalism.
- No student is allowed to eat in the bus.
- Unruly behaviour like shrieking and shouting is strictly prohibited.Courteous behaviour is expected all the times.
- The driver’s attention must not be distracted for any reason.
- The bus teacher and the student bus monitors are responsible for maintaining discipline in the buses. Any serious offence must be reported to the Principal.
- If any student discontinues the use of school transport in between the session, the same will not be allowed to reuse the bus services.
Note : All parents who are availing transport facilities are requested to give full information about routes before the beginning of the new session. In the mid session no changes will be entertained.
- Medical check up of students is done and a record is maintained. Parents are informed if the doctor finds that a child needs special medical attention. Thereafter the parents are expected to keep the school doctor informed about the action taken.
- Parents are requested not to send sick children to school for attending classes or appearing for examinations as the child's health is of prime importance.
- The Medical History of the student has to be filled up by the parents in the almanac. In case any child is on regular medication the details should be submitted to the class teacher.
- If a student is allergic to a particular medicine it must be intimated to the class teacher.
The School Library is open to all bonafide students of the school. All classes are provided with at least one library period per week. Students have to observe the following rules :
- Students should bring their Library cards.
- Each student of class IX, X, XI and XII can get 2 books issued at a time for a maximum period of 10 days. Class II to VIII can get 1 book issued for 10 days.
- Students are allowed to borrow the book only on their own cards.
- They must maintain absolute silence in the library.
- Books other than reference books are issued for 10 days. If the books are returned late without a valid reason, the borrowing facility is withdrawn for 4 weeks with a fine of Rs.1/- per day for returning books after the due date.
- Books marked, disfigured or damaged will have to be replaced or paid for by the borrower.
- The Library has an open shelf system and students must help to maintain order and organization in the different shelves. They can take the books for reading and must replace the books at the same place after consultation and not just put them anywhere on the shelves.
- Students are not allowed to bring their personal books or belongings into the library.
- Books issued should be returned to the Library in a good condition. Strict action will be taken against a child found damaging or defacing a book. (The borrower will have to either replace the book back or pay the price of the book.)
AUDIO VISUAL FACILITIES
The school has a good collection of films, cassettes and other audio-visual aids. These are used for teaching effectively. Classes I to XII are provided the audio-visual facility when the need arises. Subject related cassettes, C.Ds are shown to the students from time to time.
The school is providing computer Literacy programme (Education) to the students of Classes I to XII.
At Sr. Section (+2) level Computer Science is available as an elective subject.
Sr. Students opting Computer Science as an elective subject are studying C++, SQL and programming at par with the CBSE syllabus.
PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
1. Career counselling regarding professional courses to the students.
2. Personality development programme for junior and middle school to develop
(1) Qualities of Leadership and personality
(2) Public speaking
(3) Interpersonal and behavioral skills
(4) To improve skills of communication and analysis.
Educational trips are exclusively organized for School students. The main aims of the tour are
(i) To build comprehensive and tolerant world view.
(ii) Exploring diverse flora & fauna and learning to live in harmony with nature.
(iii)Making new friends
(iv) Personal growth & Skills Education.
SCOUTS & GUIDES
Scouts and Guides is a reforming organization. Its main aim is to serve the humanity with sincerity and to promote the abiding of Laws of better world, where people are self -fulfilled and can play a constructive role in the society. Its main focus is on character training and preparation for good citizenship designed for the benefit of young boys and girls. It stresses upon the youngsters to supplement the effort of building a peaceful and harmonious society where everybody lives with peace, dignity and honor.
Scouts and Guides inculcates a sense of discipline, responsibility, duty and moral values among students. It develops patriotism and promotes national integration. It encourages self -knowledge and an inquisitive zeal to learn, discover and explore. Scouts and Guides helps the students to discover the world beyond the classroom and to become well - rounded personalities.
School has taken a step towards a noble movement in association with J&K Bharat Scouts and Guides, Jammu by training the youngsters to become useful for their society.
The NCC (National Cadet Corps) was established on the recommendation of a committee appointed by the Government of India in 1947, for the military training of adolescent youth in schools and colleges. The scheme is operated by the Ministry of Defence in cooperation with the state Department of Education through the Director General of NCC .The object of the NCC is:- a) To develop character, comradeship, ideals of service and capacity for leadership in young men and women. b) To provide a service, training to young men and women so as to stimulate interest in the defence services of the country. c) To build up a reserve of potential officers to enable the Armed Forces to expand rapidly in any national emergency. The various activities of NCC involve students of class IX to XII in attending various NCC camps not only in our state but also in other parts of the country. It provides a platform to our children to showcase their talent on a national platform through Republic Day Camps, Thal Sainik Camps, National Integration Camps organized in different states of our country. Students attend these Camps enthustically and learn invaluable lesson in unity and discipline.
The School provides Counseling Services to its children from classes
I - XII, these services being vital to the success of students of all ages. These counseling sessions have a positive impact on the students in helping them gain a better understanding of themselves and their potential.
The School Counselor acts as a compassionate, dependable, informative mentor and a guide, for a vibrant community of students with diverse individual personalities, interests, and future plans. Through time to time counseling sessions, students are helped to set reasonable and realistic academic, social, and career goals and create the strategies needed to fulfill those goals; and develop the necessary skills for success.
The School counselor works one-on-one with students of all ages, performing a range of assessments to pinpoint their strengths and to uncover any areas which require improvement.
SMART CLASS TECHNOLOGY
Delivering the Best in the Classrooms!
School has provided an E-learning solution that combines the best of the hardware, software, content and service which combines new-age technology and traditional classroom teaching.
The Server platform does not only make the entire school "future-ready," it also offers advanced features such as, Internationally acclaimed content, Interactive content creation, Student assessment and Management reporting.
The students and teachers have an access to specialized subject knowledge, which can bring the subject matter to life - with real world examples, recent experience of industry, best practice and case studies.